Elevating Your Outfit With Texture
Just like hair,
outfits can fall flat.
Similar colour tones, or one consistent material underlying your outfit can sometimes lead to something rather… BORING!
And I’ll be honest, I am one to experiment with clothing. Taking a pieces that I have in my closet and constantly mixing and matching them until I more or less have a new outfit.
key to pulling this off?
Go in with different materials
Here’s a classic Lani outfit and great example of incorporating different colours/prints/materials/textures and inspirations. I started with a silk, lace detailed dress I bought earlier this season from Maje SS18.
As this is very much a feminine, somewhat dressy piece, I wanted to dress it down, with my go to- a denim jacket.
However the outfit was still missing something... Looked rather casual, and actually really uninspiring...
So I wanted to elevate this outfit adding a metallic bit, most likely with my footwear, as it is the easiest. I immediately thought of my days at Miu Miu where I was introduced to the footwear with stockings and socks trend, back from AW14.
feels odd//looks cool//once you start you will not stop.
Taking a strappy sandal and adding another element to it by wearing a colourful pair of socks.
And so I did that, opting for my favourite metallic lurex socks. Silver and gold metallic are two colours that are so easy to wear as footwear as they are both colours that compliment any outfit.
Finished by adding a fun hand accessory- again picked bag within the same colour scheme of the entire outfit.
You can instantly shop all my looks by following me on the LIKEtoKNOWit.app// ADD ME ON THE APP: LANITONNU
→ SHOP THIS LOOK ←
- Ann Howell Bullard Bisous Square Bag
- Maje Crepe and Lace Long Pleated Dress
- Balenciaga Swing Denim Jacket
- Isabel Marant Etoile Esther Embroidered Floral-Print Asymmetric Dress
- Alexander McQueen Leather Bucket Bag
- Francesco Russo Crossover Leather Sandals
- Nicholas Kirkwood Mira Pearl-Heeled Metallic Leather Sandals
- Zara Vinyl Methacrylate Heeled Mules
- & Other Stories Glitter Socks
- Adam Selman x Le Specs Luxe Cat Eye Sunglasses